Software projects are driven by three overarching requirements: 1) cost, 2) quality, and 3) schedule, which encourages developers to reuse existing code and libraries, and discourages removing unnecessary features and bloat. Use of Java is pervasive due to its mature ecosystem, rich community resources, and quick development cycle. Performance degradation and security are a couple of the tradeoffs for feature-rich Java libraries, third party code, and open-source applications that are leveraged to speed up time to market. Most of today’s Java applications use a fraction of their code and libraries causing the exploitable attack surface to be larger than it needs to be.
The Office of Naval Research (ONR) awarded PJR a Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) project to develop ArtusJava, which removes dead code, unused libraries, bloat and unwanted features from Java application without requiring access to source code. ArtusJava uses static and dynamic binary analysis techniques and tools to create the call-graph and analyze control and data flow to identify target code and features for removal. ArtusJava employs proprietary algorithms to safely slice and cut the code. The result: a smaller version of the application with less cyber vulnerabilities ready for regression testing.
+50% reductions are possible without compromising features or functionality.
Cyber Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs) are removed along with the dead code and unwanted features.
SmartSDN will appeal to mid to larger enterprise network operators. As network complexity increases, organizations can either increase the support staff to manage the network, or deploy tools that absorbs the increased complexity without the need for additional resources.
Network operators are turning to software defined networking (SDN) to be agile and keep up with the rapid pace of change today. By automating a range of network configuration functions, they are seeking to accelerate the delivery of new services, scale them elastically with demand, and replace manual tasks with automated, repeatable processes. SmartSDN will increase efficiency of network engineers, establish a reliable network infrastructure with more deterministic behavior, and be able to adapt to rapidly changing conditions.These efficiencies translate to lower operational costs, effective use of provisioned bandwidth and services, and a satisfied user community.
VMware Professional Services
- vRealize Automation (vRA)
- DevOps/DevSecOps (including Pivotal Container Services)
- VMware Cloud on Amazon Web Services
- Project Management
Teamed with VMware to provide skilled professional Subject Matter Experts that can:
- Become trusted agent with VMware and customer technical teams
- Provide depth and breadth of experiences with DoD data center transformation
- Quickly relate to, and address, customer pain points
- Follow the VMware approach/methodology (not necessarily standard DoD contractor behavior)
- Provide consistent, quality professional services to enable key VMware technologies
- Implement consistent, best practice standardization = repeatable, and sustainable
- Apply tried and tested DoD solutions
- Meet emergent requirements during onsite engagements and interact with VMware sales representatives to close the gap for the end customer